Spartan Green Certification
Spartan Green Certification is an online self-assessment program that educates, assists and recognizes units taking steps to reduce their environmental footprint through:
- Energy efficiency and conservation
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Water conservation
- Sustainable purchasing practices
Certification categories include offices, information-technology spaces, science laboratories, kitchens and MSU Extension spaces. Units with multiple functions should complete an application for all applicable categories.
Spartan Green Certification has three levels of achievement. Spaces must pass each level in succession in order to advance to the next level. The three levels of certification are:
- Bronze Certification is the most basic level of achievement, where questions are non-category specific.
- Silver Certification is an intermediate level of achievement with category-specific questions.
- Gold Certification is the highest level of achievement. To achieve Gold Certification, units must demonstrate a sustainability initiative or project that goes above and beyond the requirements of Bronze and Silver Certifications.
The application period for 2015-16 certification closed on March 4, 2016. Thank you to those who participated in this year's program.
We will begin accepting 2016-17 certification applications in Fall 2016.